Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Colorado Road Trip - Day 3

Well, here I am writing about yesterday again. Time sure flies when you're having fun and squeezing in some homework at the same time.
Yesterday, we drove in to Capulin, New Mexico to see the volcano. We stayed in a cute little cabin at an RV park that basically consisted of a bedroom with 3 beds and a porch on the front. It was all we needed for one night, and the important thing is we have Internet access. Scotty was really excited about the cabin. He said it was Awesome!!! It's the little things in life. :)


We dropped off the bags and headed straight for the volcano. We wanted to make it around the top before the park closed, and Scotty was dying to see the "hot lava rocks". He was afraid we were going to send him into the volcano alone. He kept asking us if we were going to go with him. We only teased him a few times.




We went to the museum first, and Scotty showed us what everything was. He is very knowledgeable about volcanoes. I'm not sure where he learned it all.
Then, we went to the top for our hike. 8,000 feet above sea level. The hike took my breath away. Maybe because of the altitude, maybe because of the extra 20 pounds I had strapped to my body. I was breathing hard. When I stopped to rest, I heard Boyd panting. We decided that he was just mocking me being that I was doing all the work and he was just relaxing in the snuggly.

The view was amazing. I'm glad we made it the whole way.



Scotty took advantage of every single bench along the trail.



Boyd even got out of the snuggly and walked a bit.

Day 4 started at about 3:30 this morning when Scotty threw up in his bed. Scotty was crying, Boyd was crying, Mommy and Daddy wanted to cry. He seems okay right now. We'll see how the rest of the trip goes. We're off to Colorado Springs this morning. More later.

There's more pictures to see. I just didn't want to put them all on the blog. Go to my picasa site to see the rest.

No comments: